WordPress Web Developer & Designer Career
Web designer / developer job description
We are not necessarily looking for the finished product, but to give the right candidate the room to develop new skills and grow with us. We are going to guide you through the entire front end development. Once you are fully trained to our standards, you will have the opportunity to work with exciting and vibrant small to medium size businesses. You will lead the web development process from conception of an idea to the final product. Once a site is live, it will need ongoing maintenance and problem solving to keep it working seamlessly. You will be an important member of our small and skilled team with the opportunity for future growth.
Ideal web developer candidate
- Ability to ‘solve’ problems
- Experience in front-end developing
- Understanding of WordPress CMS
- Ability to fix WordPress problems
- Understanding of usability and accessibility
- Must work well in a team and independently
- Ability to use photoshop or similar
- Knowledge of Frameworks / Bootstrap
- Experience with web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, PHP
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Proficient understanding of mobile-friendly design
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop, XD
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Managing clients
- Graduate in any field
- Project management skills
- Understanding of back-end environment
- Understanding of server-side file structure/management
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Hands-on experience with markup languages
- Proficient understanding of E-commerce platforms (WooCommerce, Shopify, etc.)
- Understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform website and application testing
Web design experience
- We’d like to see your portfolio of any work you have undertaken in the digital area, incl: websites, graphic design, image editing, information architecture, examples of usability improvements
- We don’t focus on years of professional experience, the proof is in your portfolio
Web design company description
Solve Web Media is an SEO and web design company with a proven record of success. We harness the power of digital marketing and dynamic SEO techniques to get businesses seen online and increase their online success. Our personal, dedicated and honest approach to web design, SEO and online business consultancy provides a solid foundation which sees clients returning time and time again. 90% of our clients come from recommendation.
We are a company who pride ourselves on approachability and a friendly atmosphere for both, clients and employees. A bright and friendly work environment is on the top of our list and where we can, we want to offer a good work / life balance.
Our headquarters are currently based at Winnard’s Perch roundabout between Padstow, Wadebridge and Newquay.
- Strong people and planet ethics. See B Corp
- A relaxed and positive atmosphere
- Nice working environment
- Innovative & forward-thinking company
- Exciting projects, small to medium size businesses
- Job satisfaction. From conception, launch to ongoing management. We get amazing feedback from your lovely clients.
- No faceless corporate clients
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends and techniques
- Vibrant, young, fresh, friendly company
- Great balance of work and learning, professional development
- Relaxed dress code
- Funky shirt Friday
- Plus more
- Full-time position 40 hours per week
- Potential for career growth / training
- Social activities and team-building excursions
- Be part of a motivated, successful and talented team
- Make a difference and have a positive impact on people and the planet
- Positive, friendly work environment
- Health plan
- Drinks and nibbles
- Flexitime upon approval
- Company phone & contract*
- Cycle to work scheme – Cheaper bike
- Plus more
- Depends on experience
- Job Type: Permanent
Other job application details
We don’t discriminate against young geniuses for not having years of experience in the field. If you feel you have the skills and passion, but not the right stuff on paper to prove it, please still apply. We want to meet you in person and see where this journey would take us together. We are prepared to take the right person to their full potential with training and mentoring.
Tip: Stand out with an elevator pitch video. Show us your personality, passion and drive. Don’t forget portfolio beats qualifications.
If you think you fit the brief, apply with your full CV / Folio now.