WordPress Web Developer & Designer Career
Web designer/developer job description
We are looking to give the right candidate the room to develop new skills and grow with us. You will have the opportunity to work with exciting and vibrant small to medium size businesses. You will help lead the web development process from the conception of an idea to the final product. Once a site is live, it will need ongoing maintenance and problem solving to keep it working seamlessly.
We don’t discriminate against young geniuses for not having years of experience in the field. If you feel you have the skills and passion, but not the right stuff on paper to prove it, please still apply. We want to meet you in person and see where this journey would take us together. We are prepared to take the right person to their full potential with training and mentoring.
You will be an important member of our small and skilled team with the opportunity for future growth.
Ideal web developer candidate
- Ability to ‘Solve’ problems
- Experience in front-end and back-end web development
- Good understanding of WordPress CMS, theme modification and Woocommerce
- Experience with web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3, PHP
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and ability to create website designs from design mock-ups (Adobe XD)
- Ability to fix WordPress problems
- Understanding of usability and accessibility
- Must work well in a team and independently
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Proficient understanding of mobile-friendly design
- Ability to work to deadlines/budgets
- Managing and interacting with clients
- Graduate in any field
- Project management skills
- Understanding of back-end environment
- Experience with Web Server solutions e.g. Cloudflare
- Understanding of server-side file structure/management
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Knowledge of Frameworks/Bootstrap
- Experience with Shopify
- Understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform website and application testing
- WordPress Plugin development
- PWA experience
Web design experience
- We’d like to see your portfolio of any work you have undertaken in the digital area, incl: websites, graphic design, image editing, information architecture, examples of usability improvements
- We don’t focus on years of professional experience, the proof is in your portfolio. If you don’t have a portfolio, we may ask you to complete a test task.
Web design company description
Solve Web Media is an SEO and web design company with a proven record of success. We harness the power of digital marketing and dynamic SEO techniques to get businesses seen online and increase their online success. Our personal, dedicated, and honest approach to web design, SEO, and online business consultancy provides a solid foundation that sees clients returning time and time again. 90% of our clients come from recommendations.
We are a company that prides itself on approachability and a friendly atmosphere for both, clients and employees. A bright and friendly work environment is on the top of our list and where we can, we want to offer a good work/life balance.
Our headquarters are in Nansledan, Newquay.
Be part of a valued and engaged team. Do what you love, love what you do.
- A growing company, immersed in success
- Innovative & forward-thinking company
- Exciting projects, small to medium size businesses
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and techniques
- Vibrant, young, fresh, friendly company
- Dedicated professional development time
- Casual / chic dress code
- Flexible working where possible
- A relaxed and positive atmosphere
- New light and airy working environment with over 77 plants
- Job satisfaction. We get amazing feedback from our lovely clients.
- No faceless corporate clients
- Personal development budget
- 30 days inc Bank holidays
- Budget for work related training materials. Eg. Books, audiobooks and courses
- Strong people and planet ethics
- We are a B Corp
- We plant 1000’s trees. Just donated 5000 mangrove trees to be planted in Madagascar. Over 8k in total so far.
- We engage and support community projects (Wildflower meadows. Virtual food festival, plus more)
- Plus more
- Employee personal support services
- Cycle to work scheme
- Daily yoga/stretch n flex
- Superfood smoothie ingredients
- Health plan
- Selection of teas and coffee
- Fruit bowl
- Organised group activities such as coasteering, boat trips, pizza, and pint, etc.
- Birthday nibbles at lunch
- Boss buys lunch days
- Funky shirt (or skirt) Friday
- Pamper days
- Full-time position 40 hours per week with paid 30 min lunch break included
- Salary depends on experience and the value you can bring to Solve.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Office and remote options. Preferred candidate to be able to visit the office regularly
Other job application details
Tip: Stand out with an elevator pitch video. Show us your personality, passion, and drive. Don’t forget portfolio beats qualifications.
If you think you fit the brief, apply with your full CV / Folio now.