WordPress Web Developer & Designer Career
Web designer / developer job description
We are looking to give the right candidate the room to develop new skills and grow with us. You will have the opportunity to work with exciting and vibrant small to medium size businesses. You will help lead the web development process from conception of an idea to the final product. Once a site is live, it will need ongoing maintenance and problem solving to keep it working seamlessly.
We don’t discriminate against young geniuses for not having years of experience in the field. If you feel you have the skills and passion, but not the right stuff on paper to prove it, please still apply. We want to meet you in person and see where this journey would take us together. We are prepared to take the right person to their full potential with training and mentoring.
You will be an important member of our small and skilled team with the opportunity for future growth.
Ideal web developer candidate
- Ability to ‘Solve’ problems
- Experience in front-end and back-end web development
- Good understanding of WordPress CMS, theme modification and Woocommerce
- Experience with web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3, PHP
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and ability to create website designs from design mock-ups (Adobe XD)
- Ability to fix WordPress problems
- Understanding of usability and accessibility
- Must work well in a team and independently
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Proficient understanding of mobile-friendly design
- Ability to work to deadlines/budgets
- Managing and interacting with clients
- Graduate in any field
- Project management skills
- Understanding of back-end environment
- Experience with Web Server solutions e.g. Cloudflare
- Understanding of server-side file structure/management
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Knowledge of Frameworks/Bootstrap
- Experience with Shopify
- Understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform website and application testing
- WordPress Plugin development
- PWA experience
Web design experience
- We’d like to see your portfolio of any work you have undertaken in the digital area, incl: websites, graphic design, image editing, information architecture, examples of usability improvements
- We don’t focus on years of professional experience, the proof is in your portfolio. If you don’t have a portfolio, we may ask you to complete a test task.
Web design company description
Solve Web Media is an SEO and web design company with a proven record of success. We harness the power of digital marketing and dynamic SEO techniques to get businesses seen online and increase their online success. Our personal, dedicated and honest approach to web design, SEO and online business consultancy provides a solid foundation which sees clients returning time and time again. 90% of our clients come from recommendation.
We are a company who pride ourselves on approachability and a friendly atmosphere for both, clients and employees. A bright and friendly work environment is on the top of our list and where we can, we want to offer a good work / life balance.
Our headquarters are in Nansledan, Newquay.
- Strong people and planet ethics. See B Corp
- A relaxed and positive atmosphere
- New light and airy working environment
- Innovative & forward-thinking company
- Exciting projects, small to medium size businesses
- Job satisfaction. From conception, launch to ongoing management. We get amazing feedback from our lovely clients.
- No faceless corporate clients
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends and techniques
- Vibrant, young, fresh, friendly company
- Great balance of work and learning, professional development
- Casual chic dress code
- Funky shirt (or skirt) Friday
- Selection of teas and coffee
- Fruit bowl
- Superfood smoothie ingredients
- Boss buys lunch days
- Daily yoga / stretch n flex
- Organised group activities such as coasteering, boat trips, pizza and pint etc.
- Office is close to nice cafes and parks
- Plus more
- Full-time position 40 hours per week
- Potential for career growth / training
- Social activities and team-building excursions
- Be part of a motivated, successful and talented team
- Make a difference and have a positive impact on people and the planet
- Positive, friendly work environment
- Health plan
- Drinks and nibbles
- Flexitime upon approval
- Company phone & contract*
- Cycle to work scheme – Cheaper bike
- Plus more
- Depends on experience
- Job Type: Permanent
Other job application details
Tip: Stand out with an elevator pitch video. Show us your personality, passion and drive. Don’t forget portfolio beats qualifications.
If you think you fit the brief, apply with your full CV / Folio now.